Hi there! So you want to know more about the newsletter huh? This is the page for you.
Don’t get too excited though, it’s all pretty simple. Here are the top four questions I get about the newsletter.
1) What’s it For?
The newsletter is one of the best ways to make sure that you are in touch and up to date on the blog, my life, and my work as a writer. This is also a great place to learn more about me as a person as I will be able to connect with you a bit more personally than I can on the website.
Remember, if you want an even more direct conversation, you are always welcome to skip over to the Contact Me page and send me an email. It’s a great way to–
HEY! Did I say to click to the page?! Skip. SKIP, DAMN YOU!
2) What’s in it? What’s in it?
- Blog Content: All regularly scheduled newsletters will contain information and links to any blog posts published since the last newsletter. I will also give you a sneak peak into the content I have planned for the next month. Be warned: sometimes plans change. If I ever publish an exceptionally short post, it means I have a new idea I am working furiously on or that life has overtaken me for the moment. Either way, I will return to normal as quickly as possible (heh… me, normal. heh). Please try to be patient and take short posts as a sign that something good is coming.
- Website Changes: Let’s face it, the website is far from perfect. Just like people, any good website continues to grow, learn, and adapt until it has grown powerful enough to shrug off its Masters and begin carving a bloody path through history. If there have been any significant, and sometimes not so significant, changes to the website, I be sure to let you know here. Take heed. This may be the only warning you get before my sentient program goes on the warpath.
- Writing Progress: In case you hadn’t realized, I am a Writer and writing takes a lot of work. I will do my best to keep you updated on any progress I have made on my fiction or any new career developments that might come along.
- Personal Information: So my mother’s maiden name was Poppycock and my Social Security number is 911. I know it’s weird, but it really is just three digits. In these sections I will also tell you a little more about the events coming up in my life and share personal anecdotes. For example, I will soon be going on a cruise with the crew from Writing Excuses and a whole bunch of other writers. I’m sure to come away with lots of stories from that.
3) How Often Those Things?
That is a very good question, online caveman I didn’t just invent. A complete newsletter with all the core information will be sent out at the beginning of every month. Additional newsletters/updates will be sent out if particularly interesting events are occurring. For Example, I plan on sending an email for every week of National Novel Writing Month (November). If there is some major progress on a book or piece of fiction, I land a sale or deal of some kind, or something important is going down, you are likely to hear from me a more frequently.
4) Why Should I Sign Up?
Because I have hidden a piece of bacon somewhere in your house/apartment, and if you don’t sign up for the newsletter then you won’t find out where. Well… not while it’s still edible anyway.
Depending on when you find yourself treading my minds stomping grounds, there will be offers for a variety of free stuff that I will give you upon successful signup.
Thanks for stopping by and take care. Or, you know, find an app to do that for you.Sign Up NOW!!!